Product Liability Lawyer in Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Aurora and Cicero
One of the many areas of personal injury law that the Makarone Law Firm legal firm specializes in is defective products/product liability litigation. Product liability is a very broad, complex area of personal injury law that is concerned with injuries that result from the use of a defective product. Just about any consumer product can be the subject of a personal injury claim or personal injury lawsuit. Whenever designers, manufacturers, or retailers create or sell a product that has a defect or is unsafe to use, people get injured.
Unfortunately, some designers and manufacturers are aware of product errors or flaws, yet their greed for profits stopped them from making changes that would create a safer product. The Makarone Law Firm personal injury lawyers represent individuals living in the cities of Des Plaines, Downers Grove, Aurora and Cicero who’ve suffered injuries when they used a defective product. If you or a loved one has been injured in this matter, you may be entitled to compensation. However, trying to do that all on your own can be difficult and that is why you need a good lawyer in your corner to ensure that there is no reason for the insurance company to deny your claim.
Products that could be the Subject of a Product Liability Lawsuit
Defective product/product liability lawsuits can involve a broad range of categories that can include the following consumer goods:
- Apparel and clothing
- Asbestos, mold, pesticides, and other toxic chemicals or substances
- Cars, motorcycles, SUV’s, trucks, vans, and other motor vehicles
- Foods and tobacco
- Household appliances and other products
- Machinery and tools
- Medical devices
- Motor vehicle accessories such as airbags, child safety seats, seatbelts, tires, etc.
- Prescription and non-prescription medications
- Recreational equipment and toys
At the Makarone Law Firm legal firm, our personal injury lawyers have years of trial experience and expertise when it comes to litigating product liability claims and negotiating a settlement.
Common Types of Defects
- Design defects – Injuries can result if there is a defect in the design of a product
- Manufacturing errors – Defects can occur during the manufacturing process and lead to injuries when a person eventually uses it
- Marketing flaws – The packaging of a product could pose a danger to a young child; in other cases, the safety warnings and use instructions could be insufficient
Remember that the duty of care that motorists have when operating their vehicles also applies to pedestrians, not just other vehicles on the road with them. Drivers must also pay close attention to areas where children are likely to be present such as parks, retail shopping areas, school zones, and especially residential neighborhoods. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries when struck by a moving vehicle, call the Makarone Law Firm legal firm and speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer today. We are here to walk you through the whole process and ensure that your rights are protected.
Product liability cases arise when 4 elements are present
For more information regarding a product liability claim, call the Makarone Law Firm legal firm today. Our lawyers are conversant on all aspects of injury claims including product liability and would be able to answer all your queries and concerns.